Excuse me for the lack of posts of late. I’ve been in bed for much of the past 48 hours — minus a trip to the ahhh-some HealthPartners West Clinic urgent care in SLP.
While being sick is awful. And I can’t remember the last time I felt this bad for this long (I don’t feel out of the woods yet), it has allowed me to watch a lot of television and sports on television.
Some random observations:
– I didn’t think this would happen, but after watching the Gophers on TV on Saturday afternoon and Long Beach State on Saturday evening, the former Gophers coach had his team a whole lot better prepared and a whole lot more organized than the current Gophers coach.
– What was that thing Martin Kaymer was wearing around his neck today at the Match Play? It was a bad look. But as someone who picked Kaymer in my one-and-done fantasy golf league, I don’t care what he wears as long as he keeps winning. If he wins tomorrow, I think I move back into first place. If not, I’m very close. It has been a good week.
– Watched the ESPN 30 for 30 on Paul Westhead and Loyola Marymount. It is worth a watch. It isn’t as good as the Vlade Divac Once Brothers film, but it is good.
– Yes, The Jimmer is very good. And Pete Thamel\’s read on the BYU guard is a worth your time.
– You are going to hear much in the next couple of weeks that Virginia Tech is in the NCAA tournament after beating Duke on Saturday night. I’m not quite so convinced. That win gives them exactly one top 50 RPI victory. I think they have a chance, but when you have two fewer top 50 RPI wins than the Gopher, you better win a couple of more games.
– I officially care zero about the NFL Combine. I would rather watch girls high school hockey.
That’s it for tonight. I’m out.